- Span: 9,70 m
- Length: 3,80 m
- Wing area: 12 m2
- Empty weight: 55 kg
- Pilots up to 90 kg
- Best performance with pilot up to 80 kg
- Vne= 120 km/h, 74 mph, 64 knots
- +4/-2 g
- All acrobatics manoeuvres including spins prohibited
- No inverted manoeuvres approved
- Found definitions of acrobatics:
- "Non-acrobatic" operation= stalls, lazy eights, chandelles, and steep turns, in which the angle of bank is not more than 60°.
- Aerobatic flight means an intentional maneuver involving an abrupt change in an aircraft's attitude, an abnormal attitude, or abnormal acceleration, not necessary for normal flight.
Why a BirdGlider? My goals.
- Not all clubs can store another 15 m (49,2 feet) span glider in their hangar. And ...besides ...hangars cost money. You need to rent your place there.
So you better take the glider back home. But ...not everybody has a garage that it long enough for 7,5 meter (24,6 feet) long wings.
- Due to its small dimensions it will fit on your roof rack. So you don't even need to buy a trailer.
Easy to make
- All you need are some basic tools.
- The prototype was my first aluminium construction. And i did it without building manual. Guided by the manual you will avoid the mistakes i made. The manual has easy to read text and lots of pictures.
- And if you still have a problem during construction, you can ask me a question and i will help you.
Easy to fly
- It is a hangglider, but it has the benefit of stick control. This demands less effort to control the glider.
- The BirdGlider is intended as a trainer. So it is designed to be very forgiving and very easy to steer.
- You can winch it, tow it or roll it off a hill to start or jump of a hill.
- All landings are on the landing wheel.
- due to the all hand controls, it can be used by wheelchair users too!
Easy to assemble
- Much effort was done to make this glider easy to put together.
- The longest part is just less than 5 meters long.
- All parts are not that heavy.
- You will not be able to make a mistake when attaching the controls. All is done “idiot-proof”.
- The assembly method is made for a single person. All you need to do is a good inspection before flight.
You will be flying in no time.
- It was my goal to make something that can make the man of the street fly. Currently i see a lot of designs which are fun to see, very speedy, but … not in reach of a regular wallet. To decrease the costs, i went back to the basics.
- Don’t make the mistake to avoid the costs of a flying teacher. You really need guidance to begin in aviation.
Don’t let your dream kill you.
- A definite price is not set yet. I still need to make the last deals with my suppliers. But i am aiming for a kit price below 8000 dollars.